Injured In A High-Speed Accident In Denver?
You and your family had been loving life since your big move to Denver and enjoyed the balance Colorado offered in city and natural attractions. This weekend, you were looking forward to hitting the slopes in Aspen, and the car was already packed. Taking I-70 west toward Grand Junction, the car behind you hit a patch of ice and rear-ended your vehicle with great force.
Serious injuries can undermine both your physical and financial health and if you are struggling under the weight of medical bills in the wake of a Denver accident, exploring your legal options is essential. A reputable Denver Area personal injury attorney can guide you in all legal proceedings and if you choose to file a lawsuit, will create a solid case on your behalf.
Proving The Cause Of Your Accident
If you elect to take legal action against the reckless party, one of the most important steps will be proving the cause of your accident. Specifically, you will need to prove that it was caused by negligent reasons.
The list of accident causes is many and if you’re unsure of the exact cause of your crash, an attorney can carefully research the police report, eye-witness testimonials and make use of other investigative resources to benefit you. Your attorney will already be knowledgeable on the most common causes of accidents in the Denver area, including:
• Defective car parts, including faulty brakes, air bag problems, seatbelt failure and other issues in which the auto manufacturer may be held liable.
• Distracted driving, such as checking a map, adjusting the radio, or using a cell-phone. In some instances, even using a hands-free device can divert a driver’s attention from the road.
• Poorly maintained conditions, such as lack of signage, unmarked construction zones, and dangerous potholes, among other negligent conditions.
• Reckless or negligent driving, such as violating traffic rules, speeding and weaving through traffic, or breaking any other road rules.
• Intoxicated drivers which continue to jeopardize the safety of all on the road despite Colorado’s tough DUI laws and penalties.
Once you have verified the cause of the wreck, your attorney can compile proof demonstrating how the accident has harmed you and your loved ones. If you were unable to return to work, missed paychecks can serve as evidence as can auto repair bills and medical expenses. If you were left disabled, this change to your quality of life can also be brought to attention.
Could You Have A Case?
Your Denver car accident lawyer will be your advocate from start to finish and will have your best interests in mind as he or she works to attain a successful outcome for you. While nothing can take back the accident or undo the damage, pursuing legal recourse can create a silver lining.
Winning compensation can help you lead a more normal life and give you the means to move on. The success of your case will hinge on many factors and skillful Denver lawyer will be ready to explore all avenues for success.