Supporting Victims Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Rush hour in Baltimore can be more than just time-consuming. All too often congested highways and interstates create impatient drivers and these hurried drivers create car accidents. Whether you were rear-ended on Interstate 83 or impacted by a speeding vehicle elsewhere in Baltimore, a skilled accident attorney is here to guide you.
Beyond your damaged vehicle and the necessary auto repairs, it’s very likely the accident has impacted you emotionally. If you sustained painful injuries, you may question if your life will ever be the same. You would give anything to return your life to normal. While an attorney can’t undo the past, he or she can help bring justice and ensure that you are well looked after. Meet with an experienced Baltimore auto accident attorney to get informed today.
What To Do After Your Accident
Car accidents are never easy to deal with, but by taking the time to make note of the “who, what and where,” you will save yourself great stress later on. As many victims leave the scene of the accident injured, it’s not always easy to collect relevant evidence. If this is your situation, appoint a friend or relative with the task and aim to do the following to the fullest extent possible:
- Take pictures of the accident scene. Snap photos of all damage done to your vehicle along with any property damage. Take pictures of license plate numbers, the street where the accident occurred along with photographing any other details which could be relevant.
- Interview eye-witnesses. Did anyone see your accident take place? If so, be sure to record their contact information and listen to their perspective of what happened.
- Call the police. While this may seem obvious, be sure to call local law enforcement to the scene to file a police report. This document will serve as valuable evidence in court and the officer can serve as an important witness.
- Exchange insurance information. While it will be necessary to exchange insurance details with other involved parties, you do not, under any circumstances, have to answer any questions. Above all, even if you believe you may be partly at fault, do not state guilt.
- Seek medical attention. Prevention is the best treatment and it’s important for anyone involved in the collision to be seen by a doctor. This is especially relevant for victims who may have sustained concussions or other head injuries. These injuries can be indicative of more serious medical issues and, if left untreated, may be life-threatening.
It will also be important not to avoid quickly settling with the insurance company. While insurance adjustors may seem helpful, they often offer a settlement much lower than the true value of your case. Speak with a lawyer first to ensure all insurance offers are fair.
Why Work With A Baltimore Attorney?
A Baltimore accident injury attorney respects your needs. They know this experience has been stressful for you and are here to listen and to support you. An attorney can clarify complicated legal jargon and give you the confidence necessary to make important determinations about your future. Save your legal questions for the experts. Contact a Baltimore personal injury attorney today.