When An Atlanta Car Crash Harms You
Like any Georgia driver knows, Atlanta traffic can be a nightmare and not only does this cause extreme traffic delays and congestion, but can lead to very serious accidents. If you were injured in a recent accident on Highway 404 or Interstate 20, you may only be starting the healing process and have had little time to think about your legal options. However, meeting with a personal injury lawyer practicing in the Atlanta area could make a critical financial difference to you and your family during this time.
To get started, an Atlanta Car Accident attorney can review the details of your case with two important criteria in mind. First: did the accident leave you hurt? Secondly: was the accident caused by no fault of your own? If the answers to these questions are “yes,” you may have a case.
Why Should I Pursue A Lawsuit?
If you’ve never worked with a lawyer before, you’re not alone and the idea of pursuing a personal injury lawsuit can be daunting for a number of reasons. You may not understand Georgia law. You may not have the time it takes to compile a case. Perhaps, you’re simply too hurt to focus on legal matters right now. Based on these concerns and others, this is exactly why you need a lawyer.
An Atlanta attorney can handle every last detail of your case and can even talk to the insurance company for you. He or she can carefully research the specific cause of your accident and gather evidence to support your lawsuit. Types of evidence your lawyer will consider when constructing your case may involve:
- Reviewing the police report. Does the police account of the accident align with your own? Does it include the necessary details of the date, time and location?
- Looking into the at-fault driver’s previous record. Did the driver who caused your accident have a poor driving history? If so, it’s likely you can build a strong case for negligence, increasing your chances of seeing compensation.
- Interviewing possible eye-witnesses. If anyone saw the accident take place, an attorney can interview them for statements and if your case goes to court, can call them in for evidence.
- Reviewing your medical records. After the accident, seeking medical attention should be a must and so should be maintaining careful records of all prescribed medical treatment. This evidence will be critical as it shows how the accident has harmed you.
- Studying road conditions at the time of your accident. If badly maintained roads or an improperly marked construction zone, for instance, influenced the accident, you may be able to hold the city of Atlanta partially to blame for your crash.
No two car accidents are alike, and based on your needs and the circumstances of your accident, your attorney may take a slightly different approach. The goal of your legal advocate, however, will be the same: to support you and help attain a high level of compensation for you.
Finding The Right Atlanta Lawyer
Choosing a car accident lawyer in Atlanta may feel like an immense decision, so finding a lawyer devoted to personal injury law can make your decision easier. You should also look for an attorney who makes you feel respected and valuable. Talk to friends and family, look into reviews and recommendations, and above all, choose a lawyer eager to support you.