Unexpected Bills And Injury: The Aftermath Of A Crash
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDot), Pennsylvanians logged approximately 100.2 billion miles of drive time in 2012 alone. With such a high volume of drivers on the road, it’s perhaps not surprising that PennDot’s 2012 Crash Facts and Statistics report also revealed an average of 340 accidents reported every day. If you were injured in Augusta, your injuries are real and you shouldn’t be treated like a statistic. You have real needs and real expenses and deserve the support of a reputable Augusta personal injury attorney.
An Augusta Car Accident attorney understands the turmoil you are going through and if the accident which harmed you was caused by a careless or reckless driver, you could be entitled to compensation. Compensation to help absorb the blow of your medical bills and lost paychecks; diminished quality of life and the emotional trauma you have experienced.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Victims of serious Augusta accidents may find some solace in the fact that, under Pennsylvania law, they have the right to take legal action against the party responsible. An experienced lawyer who practices in Augusta can aid you in this endeavor, compiling evidence on your behalf and informing you on the full spectrum of your legal rights. The action you take immediately after the accident can further benefit the success of your case.
While seeking proper medical care should always take precedent, adhering to the following steps if able can strengthen your case:
- Document the contact information of all parties involved along with securing their insurance information.
- Speak to witnesses about what they saw and record their contact information.
- File a police report to ensure the location and details of your accident are confirmed.
- Document the accident scene as thoroughly as possible by noting the time, date and location along with road conditions. Take pictures of the damage along with recording your accident injuries.
- Take care of yourself right away by getting seen by a doctor. If you sustained a concussion or have experienced any unusual symptoms, you could have sustained a serious brain or head injury requiring immediate attention.
Beyond verifying the cause of your accident, you will also want to compile evidence supporting how the wreck has harmed you and your loved ones. Costly auto repairs, high medical bills and paychecks lost from missed days at work can all support this.
Take Legal Recourse Today
An attorney who has helped other Augusta families recover what is owed to them will be ready to provide the same counsel and guidance to you. Even if you question if taking legal action is right for you or question the strength of your potential case, a lawyer can offer candid advice and answers. Learn more by reaching out to an Augusta car accident attorney today.